GSAW 2020 Evening Session
|Session 12A: Advancing Space Exploration at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL)
Leads: Antonio Sanders and Costin Radulescu, NASA/Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology
|Introduction: Dan Crichton|
Larry James (bio)
Jet Propulsion Laboratory
This special session will highlight the exciting accomplishments and progress of several efforts currently being undertaken at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
- “Mars 2020 Rover and Tools From Its Hybrid Cloud Ground System”
- “Rapid Data Understanding Using the Complex Data Explorer (CODEX)”
- “Advanced Multi-Mission Operations System (AMMOS) Security Roadmap“
- “Earth Science Mission Data Exploration – Surface Water and Ocean Topography (SWOT) and NASA-ISRO Synthetic Aperture Radar (NISAR)”
- “Mission Analysis, Operations, and Navigation Toolkit Environment (MONTE) Navigation”
- Props, etc.
Session 12B: : Government and Industry Dialog – Turning the Tables for GSAW 2020
Lead: Dan Smith, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
Moderator: Donald Sather, The Aerospace Corporation
In past years, GSAW has held evening sessions with government reps on the panel talking about trends and taking questions from the commercial products and services providers. For 2020, we are turning the tables! Industry members will be on the panel explaining their views on trends, similarities and differences across the government agencies, and the business case for supporting small and large government programs. The audience members, including those from government space agencies and those from industry, may agree or disagree with panel members as we expand the conversation in new directions. With major commonality initiatives of the Space Force and NASA, and the amazing growth of commercial space, it should be an interesting evening with a mix of both common and contradictory ideas.