|Technical Exhibit Guidelines - PDF Format|
|Permission to Reprint Form - PDF Format|
|Vendor Demonstration Safety Review Form|
You will have the option of submitting a technical exhibit to be presented either in-person or pre-recorded for on-demand viewing. Guidelines for both are below.
|In-Person Technical Exhibits|
In-Person Technical Exhibits will be held with the Reception on the Feb. 28, 2023. Attendees will be able to visit your table to receive information about your products and services, meet with other ground system experts, eat and drink. Please read the following guidelines very carefully to get pertinent information regarding the exhibition package, setup, and other details.
Technical Demonstration participants will first need to fill out a GSAW Vendor Demonstration Safety Review Form required by The Aerospace Corporation’s Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) describing type of demo, what equipment and/or materials they will be bringing, how they will use it and if they pose any general hazards. If your technical exhibit needs to be shipped, contact us for shipping information. You are responsible for any charges associated with shipping.
Exhibit Request Form: Exhibits will be granted on a space-available basis.
- Complete the request form at http://gsaw.aero.org/cfp/forms/.
- Select “In-person” technical exhibit demonstration type. If you would like to have “pre-recorded for on-demand viewing” demonstration style, please scroll down to see more information in the next section.
- You will be notified quickly if you are accepted or not. If you submit your form and are accepted before registration opens, we will keep your information and save you a spot.
- When registration officially opens, you will receive instructions on how to register as an exhibitor and pay your fees at that time.
- $1700 per Exhibitor Package
- $50 per additional staffer for your table
Exhibitor Package Includes:
- One exhibit space (six-foot by six-foot square, 6’x 30” table, table linen, two chairs)
- One power outlet
- One complimentary registration permitting attendance at the General Session. This registration is not transferable and cannot be shared.
- One “Exhibit Staff” pass for representative to staff the booth. Exhibit Staff are not permitted to attend other GSAW events without paying full fee.
- Power strip and extension cord. Eight feet long is adequate. If longer is needed, we will help.
- Displays and signage (including banners, monitors, flyer racks, etc.).
- Setup/removal of your display
- Promotional giveaways are permitted but raffles and prizes are not
- Set Up: 1:00 to 2:30 p.m., Feb. 28, 2023
- Reception/Technical Exhibits: 3:00 to 5:30 p.m.
- Tear Down – 5:30 p.m.
|In-person technical exhibit requests must be
|Jan. 23, 2023|
|GSAW Vendor Demonstration Safety Review
|Jan. 23, 2023|
|Registration Opens||Dec. 5, 2022|
Registration: Registration opens Dec. 5, 2022 and can be completed online at
Agenda: The overview agenda will be posted at http://gsaw.aero.org/agenda/.
Exhibitor Agreement: The following exhibitor agreement is provided to assist you in planning for a successful event. Please review the information carefully.
- Company representative: Each organization must name at least one person to be the representative regarding installation, operation, and removal of technical exhibit. Such representative shall be authorized to enter into such service contracts as may be necessary, and for which the company shall be responsible.
- Limitations of liability: Your organization agrees to make no claim for any reason whatsoever, including negligence, against The Aerospace Corporation, the display site, nor any of their members, employees, or agents, for theft, loss, fire damage, or destruction of goods; nor for any injury to himself/herself or employees while in the technical exhibit quarters or associated conference facilities. Your organization shall indemnify and hold The Aerospace Corporation harmless for any and all claims, suits, expenses, and judgments arising from the negligence or other fault of the company, its employees, agents, or representatives.
|Pre-Recorded Technical Demonstrations for On-Demand Viewing|
For pre-recorded Technical Demonstrations, we would like to offer the opportunity for you to submit a video demonstration that demonstrates the technical capabilities of your products. Please read the following guidelines very carefully to get pertinent information regarding the demonstration package, setup, and other details.
Demonstration Request Form:
- Complete the request form at http://gsaw.aero.org/cfp/forms/ and send it to email@example.com.
- Select “pre-recorded for on-demand viewing” technical exhibit demonstration type. If you would like to have “In-person” demonstration style, please scroll up to see more information the above section.
- You will be notified quickly if you are accepted or not. Acceptance is in no way an endorsement for your company or product.
- $500 to demonstrate virtually
What is Included?
- Inclusion of your pre-recorded demonstration video on the GSAW website for free, on-demand viewing by everyone (not just registrants)
Demo Chair: Upon acceptance of your presentation, a GSAW Demo Chair will be contacting you to discuss logistics and to act as your liaison for the event. Please ensure that you understand the guidelines detailed here and address any questions you may have to your demo chair or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertising Recommendation: Our audience strongly favors demonstrations that are educational in nature and not the marketing of specific products, services, or programs. Your technical content and expertise serve as an outstanding advertisement for your organization without a blatant sales-pitch. Attendees also generally want real-world examples focused on ground systems. We would recommend that you focus on technical capabilities to connect with viewers and attendees. If you hit the mark, they will reach out to you as new business.
Time Allotted: We would like demonstration videos to be about 20 minutes. The Demo Chair will work with you to make this as smooth as possible.
Important Deadlines: We can accept recorded technical demonstration submission requests up to Jan. 23, 2023.
Video Submittal: You will be provided with instructions on how to upload your video. Please deliver it prior to the deadline above. Please DO NOT try to email your video.
- Presenters are responsible for pre-recording their on-demand videos.
- If you are using presentation charts, please deliver these with the video. Presentation charts must be in PDF or PowerPoint. Videos must be recorded in a common video format such that content is easily viewable on a website.
- Videos must include, at a minimum, a soundtrack of the presenter describing the technical content of the presentation. We will not accept a video without sound. Some suggested approaches include:
- Cutting between video of presenter and technical slides as appropriate
- Split screen format
- Presentation slides with small window containing video of presenter
- PowerPoint slideshow presentation with a recorded soundtrack
- You may use any tool you like to record and edit the video. A list of many common videoediting tools may be found at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_editing_software.
- Please watch your video closely before submitting to ensure it is of high quality.
- Please use larger fonts and diagrams for ease of viewing especially if using a multi-screen approach
- It is preferred the presenter actually appear in their video at some point. There are many online resources providing tips on recording your presentation. Here are some starters:
- Find a quiet place to record.
- Find a spot with good indirect lighting in front of you.
- Position yourself close to the microphone. It is best not to use a speakerphone.
- Make sure that your camera is at eye-level. This will capture you at the same angle as if you were talking in-person.
- If possible, use a wired network connection and make sure others on your local network don’t stream video during this time.
- Understand your connections and devices. If you drop off suddenly, know how to comeback online quickly.
Clearance Information: Ensure there is NO classified or controlled information in your abstract or presentation. Presentations will also be posted on a publicly accessible website. If your organization has concerns about security or proprietary information, check to see if your presentation needs to be cleared for publication. (All employees of Aerospace are required to have presentations cleared through the Office of Technical Relations.) You should begin the clearance process as soon as possible to ensure you do not miss any deadlines and that our committee can review your submission. GSAW is not responsible for verifying the classification level of your presentation.
Permission to Reprint: Presenters of accepted abstracts will receive a Permission to Reprint Form that must be signed and returned to us by the above deadline. This form allows us to include your presentation and video in the proceedings.
Copyright Statement: If you are a government employee, you may skip this section as no copyright statement is required. Submitters retain their copyrights but give Aerospace permission to publish. The following copyright statement must be placed on the title page of every presentation and video.
- Aerospace Corporation employees:
- © 2023 The Aerospace Corporation
- All others who are NOT government employees
- © 2023 by <your organization>. Published by The Aerospace Corporation with permission
Proceedings: Your video and charts will be posted on a publicly accessible website on the day of the workshop start.
Comments: Others will be able to comment on your presentation for two weeks. You are encouraged to interact with commenters either on the site or independently. You may also wish to consolidate the exchange into a Question & Answer summary which can be reposted with your presentation.
COVID-19 Procedures “Know before you Go”: Proof of vaccination, masks and social distancing could be required based on COVID site levels at the time of the event. Updated information will be provided as the workshop date approaches via registration website and/or via the email you provide at registration.
We appreciate your interest in GSAW. With your participation, we look forward to a very successful workshop.
GSAW Program Committee