|Tutorial Instructor Guidelines - PDF Format|
|Permission to Reprint Form - PDF Format|
Interactive tutorials are being scheduled throughout GSAW and also will be recorded for later viewing. Please read the following guidelines very carefully. They will help you in assembling your proposal, producing charts, and successfully presenting them at the workshop.
The Tutorial Chair will be contacting you to discuss the information above and to act as your liaison for GSAW. Please ensure that you understand the guidelines detailed here and address any questions you may have to your session chair or to [email protected].
Please note the following deadlines for material submissions. Please send your material to [email protected]:
|Abstracts must be received by||October 25, 2021|
|Acceptance/Non-acceptance notices sent||November 29, 2021|
|Accepted videos, charts and release forms due||January 26, 2022|
Obtain a submission form here. Fill it out completely and submit to [email protected]. Tutorial materials are not required at this point. We will review your submission and notify you of your acceptance or non-acceptance by the date listed above. If accepted, the tutorial description and the instructor(s) biography will be posted on the GSAW website.
Remember that tutorials must be educational in nature and NOT the marketing of specific products, services, or programs. Your expertise in instructing attendees serves as an outstanding advertisement for your organization without the sales-pitch. Attendees generally want real-world examples focused on ground systems. Submissions perceived as advertisements will be rejected by the Program Committee.
Tutorials this year will be held in two-and-a-half-hour sessions. Instructors may submit more than one abstract to cover different aspects of a technical area.
After acceptance, you will be provided with instructions on how to upload tutorial materials. Please send any materials you wish distributed to attendees prior to the deadline above.
- GSAW will record live events but presenters are responsible for recording their on-demand videos. If you have any pre-recorded information, the information below should be very helpful.
- All presentations this year must be delivered as presentation charts AND in a video format. Presentation charts must be in PDF or PowerPoint. Videos must be recorded in a common video format such that content is easily viewable on a website.
- Videos must include, at a minimum, a soundtrack of the presenter describing the technical content of the presentation. We will not accept a video without sound. Some suggested approaches include:
- Cutting between video of presenter and technical slides as appropriate
- Split screen format
- Presentation slides with small window containing video of presenter
- PowerPoint slideshow presentation with a recorded soundtrack
- You may use any tool you like to record and edit the video. A list of many common video editing tools may be found at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_editing_software.
- Please watch your video closely before submitting to ensure it is of high quality.
- Please use larger fonts and diagrams for ease of viewing especially if using a multi-screen approach
- It is preferred the presenter actually appear in their video at some point. There are many online resources providing tips on recording your presentation. Here are some starters:
- Find a quiet place to record.
- Find a spot with good indirect lighting in front of you.
- Position yourself close to the microphone. It is best not to use a speakerphone.
- Make sure that your camera is at eye-level. This will capture you at the same angle as if you were talking in person.
- If possible, use a wired network connection and make sure others on your local network don’t stream video during this time.
- Understand your connections and devices. If you drop off suddenly, know how to come back online quickly.
In appreciation of the special effort that you will be making in putting together your tutorial, we are happy to provide ONE complimentary registration to GSAW to one instructor for your tutorial session. Note: This complimentary registration is for attending the general session only and does not include registration to attend any other tutorials. If you wish to attend a tutorial, you may do so at an additional cost.
For the open workshop, please ensure there is NO classified information in your abstract or presentation. GSAW is an international event and foreign nationals will be in attendance. Your presentation slides will also be posted on the GSAW website. Since your organization may have concerns about security or proprietary information, check to see if your briefing charts need to be cleared for publication. (All employees of The Aerospace Corporation are required to have both abstracts and presentations cleared by the Office of Technical Relations.) You should begin the clearance process as soon as possible to ensure you do not miss any deadlines and that our committee can review your submission. GSAW is not responsible for verifying the classification level of your presentation.
Permission to Reprint:
Presenters of accepted abstracts will receive a Permission to Reprint Form that must be signed and returned to us by the above deadline. This form allows us to include your presentation and video in the proceedings.
If you are a government employee, you may skip this section as no copyright statement is required. All others retain their copyrights but gives Aerospace permission to publish. The following copyright statement must be placed on the title page of every presentation and video.
- Aerospace Corporation employees:
- © 2022 The Aerospace Corporation
- All others who are NOT government employees
- © 2022 by <your organization>. Published by The Aerospace Corporation with permission
The week before your tutorial, we will email a link to your registrants with instructions on how to download your materials from our website. We ask them to either print out the materials or load them on their favorite electronic device. We ask them not to redistribute the materials. The material will not appear on the website unless the instructor allows it.
We appreciate your interest in GSAW. With your participation, we look forward to a very successful workshop.
GSAW Program Committee